OUR OPTIONAL PLANS AVAILABLE
Personal Accident Disability Insurance
Help protect your finances when you’re injured
An accident can happen anytime and may have a big impact on your ability to pay your bills. Whether you are currently working full-time, part-time or not at all, you can help protect your finances.
Manulife’s Personal Accident Disability Plans provide you with monthly payments to help cover expenses, replace your income if you become disabled, or provide the money for hospital and convalescence costs, payable in addition to other coverage.
You receive total or partial accident disability benefits with features such as accident hospitalization, accidental death, rehabilitation benefits, built-in waiver and more.
Personal Accident Disability Insurance provided you with a monthly benefitis an accident leaves you disabled and unable to perform your regular job or day to day activities.
optional add ons
Get 50% of your premiums back (minus any claims) after 10 years, as long as your claims were less than 20% of premiums paid
Get protection if your disability is caused by either illness or injury
Extend 2-year accident coverage for an additional 3 years or to age 65.
Cover accident hospitalization, drugs, medical equipment, therapy and more
Add or increase your accidental death benefit
Extend benefits for strains and sprains
Lifecheque basic critical illness insurance
Help protect your finances when critically ill
We may not be able to predict our future, but we can be prepared for it. The Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness plan covers five of the most common critical illnesses and conditions: cancer, heart attack stroke, coronary artery bypass surgery or aortic surgery.
People who are Canadian residents between the ages of 18 and 65 years are eligible to apply for Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness Insurance.
• You can choose from $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 coverage.
• The $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 benefit is paid directly to you, to spend however you wish - such as to pay medical expenses, retrofit their home, alleviate debt, or travel.
• Applying is easy - no medical questionnaire is required. A declaration of good health is all that is needed.
• Premiums are based on your age, gender and smoking status. The younger you are when you apply, the lower your premiums will be. Non-smokers enjoy premium savings with rates up to 50% lower than those for smokers.
• Health Service Navigator® - With Health Service Navigator, you and your eligible family members can quickly and easily get answers to questions and access to support services. Easily accessible on the web or with a simple call to a dedicated toll-free line, Health Service Navigator can provide information, medical coordination services and resources on how to navigate the Canadian health care system. Health Service Navigator will also help get a second opinion from a world-class hospital.
• Return of Premium Option - If you are between 18 and 55 years of age, you can add this option at the time of initial application. Manulife will reimburse the premiums paid, up to 100% of your benefit amount, if you reach your 75th birthday without making a claim. This means that, depending on the coverage you selected, you could receive up to $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000.
• Once covered, you can keep yourv Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness coverage up to age 75, regardless of any changes in your health or occupation.
Set your own priorities with a benefit you can use to replace your income
Coverage options for all ages from 18-75 years old
Keep up with mortgage and debt payments
Set your own priorities with a benefit you can use to help Manage extra costs
Top up payments from your employee benefits plan
Keep your business running and help protect your business partners